Quality wood flooring at very competitive prices!
We are delighted to offer solid and engineered wood flooring from a number of celebrated manufacturers. Both solid wood and engineered wood flooring come in a variety of plank widths and are either tongue & groove or click system.
Engineered wood flooring typically has a 3-6mm oak veneer bonded onto a multi-ply backing. The multi-ply backing is made up of several layers of wood sandwiched together in opposite directions to give a solid base. This helps alleviate the amount of movement from the wood, depending on the temperature of the room and it is even suitable for use with underfloor heating. Due to the construction, engineered wood flooring comes in a variety of plank widths and lengths. The thickness of the veneer will determine how many times the wood can be sanded down if required. This product can be fitted either by gluing/screwing to the subfloor or floated over a sufficient underlay; an expansion gap is required around the perimeter and flexible wood adhesive on all tongue & groove joins.
By contrast, solid wood flooring is a fully natural product, so plank width and length are not as varied as engineered wood. This product is susceptible to the elements so will swell and contract depending on room temperature. A suitable expansion gap is required around the perimeter of the room and a flexible wood adhesive is required on all the tongue and groove joins to eliminate gapping. Fitting method is glued/screwed to the subfloor. This product cannot be fitted over underfloor heating.
We also offer the following services to our customers:
- Free design service to help choose the right wood flooring
- Hundreds of wood flooring samples available to view in the lighting and comfort of your own home
- Free home estimates with no obligation quotes
- A pre-treating service or provision of materials and products for finishing
- Hassle-free professional fitting service, including skirting board removal and replacement
- Door trimming service available (on request as an optional extra), to ensure doors will close over your new wood flooring
- Furniture removal and replacement service available (on request as an optional extra)
- Removal of old floor surface available (on request as an optional extra)